Step 2, the beginning of trackwork


Today, I soldered wire to rail joiners. I then took some blue painters tape, laid turnouts on the tape, and covered it with ballast. This not to create finished ballast, but to get ballast under the points so when I do the real ballasting, I don’t get glue there. If I do some serious photos of this layout, I will just add more ballast without glue.

To make it easier to see where the track will be, I used a pencil and a straight edge to sketch out the schematic onto the board, then glued down the first 2 feet of track on each end. I have assembled the crossover with the wiring in place, and that will be installed next.

Leave a comment